Office hours: by appointment
- Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics, Dublin City University
- A. in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), University of Ulster
- Bus. in Business and Languages (with First Class hons.), Letterkenny Institute of Technology
Areas of Interest and Research
- Autonomy, motivation and learner identities in language learning
- Study of Foreign Languages
- Creative Writing
Professor Kelly is an English teacher who has worked as an instructor and translator in different places, such as Madrid, Ireland and Hungary. She has done some research on autonomy, motivation and learner identities in language learning and how intervention strategies influence these language learner characteristics, adolescent language learners in classroom contexts.
Currently she is an English Communication teacher at CIS “The College For International Studies”.
- PhD Thesis (2014): An Investigation of the Influences of Classroom Intervention Strategies on the Autonomy and motivation of Adolescent Language learners in Foreign Language Acquisition Contexts.
- Kelly, M., 2012: “Fostering Autonomy and Generating Motivation in the Adolescent Language Classroom”. Dublin City University: Issuu
- Kelly, M., 2011: “Investigating the influences of classroom intervention strategies on learner autonomy and motivation in foreign language acquisition contexts – A pilot experimental research project”. Proceedings of the Ireland International Conference on Education, Dublin, 3rd-5th October.
- Kelly, M., 2011: “An investigation of the influences of classroom intervention strategies on the autonomy and motivation of adolescent language learners”, Book of Abstracts of the 1st Interdisciplinary Linguistics Conference: Crossing Boundaries: The Impact of Language Studies in Academia and Beyond, Queen’s University, Belfast, 14 th -15 th October.
- Kelly, M., 2011: “An investigation of the influences of classroom intervention strategies on the autonomy and motivation of adolescent language learners in foreign language acquisition contexts”;. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation, Madrid, 14 th -16 th Novembers.
- MA thesis, 2008: An Action Research Study of the Influence of Classroom Strategies on the Motivation of Young/Adolescent English Language Learners.