When you are searching for the best expat University you don’t want just to find a good one, you want to find the best. We know that it may be a long process and you may have a lot of questions and things you would like to know. Finding and choosing the best American University in Madrid is not easy. Let us give you a hand with this task.
Some facts about Madrid
Spain’s capital since 1561, Madrid is the contemporary capital of Spanish culture, finance, and industry. Large, international and cosmopolitan, Madrid is a city of possibilities. It boasts incredible monuments and museums, including the Museo del Prado, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Museo de la Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando.
Visitors cannot miss the Iglesia de San Isidro, the cathedral or the Palacio Real. The city is also known for its fountains and elaborate parks, including the glorious Parque del Retiro. The energy of Madrid is in its street life and warm people.
How can I study in Madrid?
If you want to study in an american university in Madrid you can apply for your admission at the University you prefer. The requirements and access regulations vary on every level (Undergraduate, Master and Doctorate degrees).
Some Universities in Madrid have specific offices for international students where you can ask your questions related to legal issues or any other query you may have.
Ask yourself these questions
Before making your choice there are some questions you may want to answer and this way make sure that you make the right decision. Some of these questions are:
- Are students challenged and encouraged by the University to be academically competitive, creative and reach out of their comfort zones?
- Are the American University teachers competent and up to date with the latest professional development standards specific to their subject? Are they prepared to reach out each student according to their individual needs?
- Is learning student-oriented and the diversity of cognitive development considered in each course?
- Is there extra language support for students whose first language is not the language of the university?
With CIS Endicott you can be sure that the answer to all these questions is yes. Besides, we offer an American higher education that will make you feel that you are part of a big family.
Decide where you fit
Determining ‘fit’ is one of the most important elements of choosing where to apply. There are many factors to help identify fit including:
- Best learning environment. Do you prefer discussion-based, seminar-style classes, or large lecture halls? Do you prefer a school where teachers foster and encourage you?
- Size. Do you want to be a large fish in a small pond where everyone knows who you are? Or do you prefer a large cohort, with big-style university athletics and an endless choice of activities and clubs?
- Student culture. Do you lean towards progressive or are you very devout? Do you want to learn about students from other parts of the world? Do you study hard and play hard? Do you want a university where the students are more artistic or are you more science or career-oriented?
- Majors/Course of Study. If you are very clear on what you want to study, you should only include universities where that major exists.
What do you need to study in an american university in Madrid?
After making your decision and submitting your request to the University you have chosen, there are some steps you need to follow so everything will go smoothly.
Once you have been accepted by a University, you should apply for a student visa. The student visa incorporates the authorization to stay in Spain. It allows you to stay and study in Spain for up to the visa validity.
If you have been admitted for an up to three months-course, you do not have to complete any procedures. You just have to hold a valid identity card or passport.
If you have been admitted for more than three months-course, you should ask for your registration in the “Registro Central de Extranjeros” within three months form the date of your arrival.
If still in doubt which course to choose, you may have a look at the CIS Endicott programs here.
Think about the opportunities ahead
To study in an american university in Madrid is to experience more than a university program, it is to experience the history of Spain and its people.
You will have ample opportunity to practice your Spanish language skills in the bustling pedestrian areas, busy cafés, vibrant nightlife and diverse neighborhoods that make Madrid a socially engaging metropolis.
Besides, the people of Madrid are the friendliest you will ever get to meet. Their warm and kind hearts will surely make you feel welcomed and secure when studying and living in Madrid.
So, are you ready to see all of the amazing study options that Madrid and CIS have to offer?