Course No: BUS 121
Course Title: Business Fundamental strategies
Course Credits: 3
Half of a two-term integrative interdisciplinary course (with Business Fundamental Methods – BUS 120) focusing on the interdependencies in business while providing a foundation for advanced study and a framework for defining internship and career direction. Readings, exercises, and team projects are used to develop the analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills required for business success.
- Identify the main participants, activities and strategies of business, and explain their role in the achievement of organizational objective
- Learn to read analytically and think critically
- Develop interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively in teams
- Practice writing and oral communication skills
- Learn to read reports, news and cases from a business point of view.
Ferrell, O. C., Hirt, G., & Ferrell, L. (2010), Business: A Changing World 9th edition. McGraw-Hill Irwin. ISBN: 978-1-259-06052-6