Course No: CSC 200
Course Title: Web Development and Programming
An examination of the key technologies and applications used for Internet productions. The course reviews the development of Internet as a communication medium and some of the areas in which it has an impact on society. Topics covered include: basic Internet applications, dynamic Web site production with scripting and XML and development of exercises to better understand and use the material. It is offered in a Windows OS environment.
At the completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Express themselves through the digital publishing medium, specifically MS FrontPage.
- Understand how information should be technically organized on a Web site to maximize its impact on the user.
- Be able to effectively create Web pages and publish them to the WWW.
- Be able to add scripting, graphics and sound to the Web sites to enhance the impact of the information.
- Understand how the WWW works as information exchange and as an interactive conversation with a world-wide community.
- Understand and be able to implement a Form using CGI.
- Recognize and understand the usefulness of XML.
Selected readings as provided by the professor.