Course No: CMM 335
Course Title: Social Media and Marketing
Students explore the rapidly changing world of social and digital media and how it is applied to the practice of marketing communication. After studying the concepts and theories behind communicating through digital media, students create social media marketing plans to support scientific campaign initiatives through the use of these digital media.
At the end of this course the student should be able to:
- Define and understand key theories and concepts in social media – for marketing.
- Understand the history of social media for marketing purposes.
- Research and evaluate social and digital media marketing strategies and outcomes of various organizations.
- Read, understand and evaluate professional and trade research on social media and marketing.
- Utilize a variety of social media techniques for marketing communication research purposes.
- Understand and utilize various metrics and analytical tools related to social media marketing strategies.
- Research, compose and present a professional analysis of corporate social media use.
Barker, Barker, Bormann, Roberts, Zahay. (2017.) Social media marketing, 2nd Edition. Cengage Learning. (ISBN: 978-1-305-50275-8).