Course Number: CMM 203
Course Title: Public Relations
Overview of basic principles, concepts, and relationship of theory to practice. Special emphasis on role in society, public opinion, effective strategies and tactics, process, identification of publics, publicity, techniques, and effective use of media.
At the completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Distinguish between PR, marketing and advertising.
- Understand the development of public relations over the last century.
- Appreciate the role of communication in the modern corporation.
- Understand the connection between mass media, consumers and public relations.
- Analyze the role of the World Wide Web and the social media in public relations.
Allen H. Center, Patrick Jackson, Stacey Smith, and Frank R. Stansberry. Public Relations Practices. Managerial Case Studies and Problems. Pearson, 2014. Print.