Course No: CMM 204
Course Title: Promotional Writing
Application of copywriting for print, broadcast and digital marketing communication. Includes integration of copy and graphics, media advantages and restrictions, amplification, proofing and style, and use of rhetorical devices in the planning and development of advertising campaigns to meet specific client objectives. Satisfies the Writing Designated core requirement.
At the end of this course the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the methods and techniques of promotional copywriting
- Communicate concepts about the social impact of integrated advertising/marketing
- Identify, compare and contrast promotional communication types, strategies and objectives
- Demonstrate independent study and analysis of advertising types and content
- Formulate original and creative theses for discussion, written exposition, and presentation
- Berman, Margo. The Copywriter’s Toolkit: the complete guide to strategic advertising copy. Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.