Course No.: CMM 379
Course Title: Internship Strategies
This course consists of a series of eight one-hour sessions to help juniors prepare to search for and undertake the full-semester internship. The topics covered include planning strategically for the semester internship, focusing on the internship search, assessing the resume and applying for the internship, interviewing for the internship, participating in mock interviews, and making the most of the internship. Students are required to complete the course before undertaking the semester internship.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop and communicate a personal brand;
- Create a resume and cover letter tailored to the requirements of the internship position;
- Employ effective phone and email strategies when contacting potential internship sites;
- Interview effectively by responding thoughtfully to questions and dressing appropriately;
- Strategize ways to network and leverage the internship for future employment.
There are no required readings for this class. Links to articles that students are encouraged to read will be posted on Thinkwave