Course No: BUS 490
Course Title: Senior Thesis II
Developing the concept explored in Senior Thesis I, students will investigate a topic related to business, in which they have a particular interest. The outcomes of the project are a scholarly paper and presentation. Prerequisite: Senior Thesis I.
At the completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Thoroughly investigate a problem or issue which confronts the business researcher and has relevancy to personal experience or goals. A successful Senior Thesis II research project will include:
- Identification of a topic that is relevant to the business discipline studied
- Examination of theoretical and historical research related to the topic (literature review)
- Development of the identified critical issue and research question that is based on review of literature, research collected, and personal involvement with topic
- Design and execution of empirical research to collect ‘real world’ data that can be analyzed in relation to research question
- Synthesis of research into conclusions and recommendations for action as a business professional.
- Effectively communicate in a formal paper the critical issue and research question along with research findings, conclusions and recommendation(s).
- A successful Senior Thesis II written paper will include:
- Grammar and syntax
- A Writer’s Reference by Diana Hacker, 7th edition (WR)