Dean, Endicott College International M.Ed. Program & Undergraduate Program in Madrid, Spain at CIS.
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, by appointment
- Professor of Internship 200. Advisor to Endicott College Study Abroad students. Program Director of Summer M.Ed. programs in Spain, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Thailand, and Costa Rica.
- Walden University: Ed.D. Program for Administrative Leadership and Learning. All course work finished. Thesis pending.
- M.A. Educational Administration, United States International University, San Diego, CA.
- B.S. in Chemistry with a minor in Secondary Education, Bridgewater State University ( College), Bridgewater, Massachussets.
Areas of Interest and Research
- Supervision of Instruction
- International Accreditation k-12 Schools
- School Leadership
- School Restructuring
Rick, originally from Fall River, Massachusetts has been teaching in the international schools circuit since 1980 in Spain, Japan and Switzerland. He has been a Chemistry and Theater teacher, a sports coach, a Science Department Head, and a High School Principal and Director. He has been an accreditation team chair for both The Council of International Schools (CIS) and The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). He is a commissioner for the NEASC Commission on International Education (CIE). A frequent presentor at international teacher conferences, Rick presents workshops on Creative Thinking and provides training for both Accreditation Visitors and Accreditation Chairs.
School Improvement Through Accreditation
Richard has Chaired, Co-Chaired, and been a member of Visiting Teams for Accreditation for both The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and for the Council of International Schools (CIS). He has conducted 5-Year Visits and Preliminary Visits for both organizations. He currently serves on the NEASC CIE (Commission on International Education) commission.