Office hours: by appointment.
- Instructor in Intercultural Communication.
- Certificate of graduate studies in Theoretical and Applied Economics, Escola de Pos-Graduação em Economia at the Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. 1980-81.
- Certificate of High European Studies (Belgium). The College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium. , 1976-1977.
- Bachelor of Science in Languages and Linguistics (BSLL). Double major: French and Spanish Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. School of Languages and Linguistics., 1972-1976.
- “Junior year abroad” program. History of Spain, Sociology, Spanish literature Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Georgetown University, 1974-75.
Areas of Interest and Research
- Intercultural Communication
- International Relationships
- Internacional economy: macroeconomis and microeconomis.
Professor Metzner has developed her professional activity in the international field, developing consulting, management and teaching activities in different places such as Spain, Brazil, the USA and Belgium.
Among the universities in which she has practiced her professional activity we can mention Georgetown University, Washington, DC, University of Southern California, Madrid, Suffolk University, Madrid, and College for International Studies (CIS), Madrid.
She has received some awards such as, Recipient Outstanding Faculty in the Commitment to Diversity Award in 2012 by the Georgetown University Center for Multicultural Equity and Access and the Student of Color Alliance. He also was nominated by Georgetown students for Dean’s Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Arts and Sciences, in Georgetown University.
- Book in progress (Santiago): Historical memoir based on personal experience in Spain and the United States in early 1970s that reflects on two countries in the throes of rapid political and social change and two families experiencing the effects of those changes. (2016)
- Four-part online course on European economic and political integration for the University of Alcalá de Henares. 1. History of European Integration, 2. EU Policies, 3. European Union institutions, and 4. Challenges to the European Union in the XXI Century, for Master’s program in Transatlantic Relations. (2006)