Course No: BUS110
Course Title: Business Computers I
This course provides a current introduction to computer system concepts and personal computers in particular. Implications of information technology on business are explored. Problem-solving skills using word processing and presentation software and the World Wide Web are developed.
At the completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Manage and organize information in a computer environment.
- Achieve a basic understanding of computer operations.
- Use the Windows operating system and key selected applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Learn how to critically analyze situations of computer uses and identifying issues, consequences, and viewpoints.
- Realize the potential value of Information Technology in business and in our everyday lives.